My Back Yard : : My View of the Rogue Valley

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Picture Update

Had to post a picture of the drum carder I got at BSG this year along with the wool I'm currently working with. All of the raw wool I have is Romney. The dark stuff on the carder is from Websters in Ashland and the white is from a colleague whose wife has a couple of sheep, both Romney and Merino. The stuff from Websters was raw fleece when I bought it - around 2.5 pounds worth. Haven't weighed it yet to see how much I ended up with.




Once I get all of the white washed and carded along with carding the rest of the dark gray I want to try another fleece, probably Blue-face Leceister.

More knitting pictures.

My Socks Mom's Vest Peter's socks

The first picture is the only new pair of socks, or anything else, I've knit myself all year. Guess I need to get busy. They're mine because of the goof on the toe, they don't match. The yarn is Opal self-patterning sock yarn from Woodland Woolworks, which is really a great yarn to knit with. The vest is from Folk Vests by Cheryl Oberle, knit for my mom using Paton's Classic Wool. On the right is a pair of socks for my DH using some Cascade 220 from Websters left over from another project.

Finally, for Heather in Colorado. This is one of the blouses I want to send. It's 100% cotton seer sucker with a denim collar. The other two are similar in style except they're 55% linen/45% cotton and both are a solid color, natural and coral (and not seer sucker). Let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

  • What a great site. I just wish I knew someone who could teach me to knit as well as you do. Pretty sweet socks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/16/2005 9:05 AM  

  • Maybe you'll find someone to teach you when you retire. :o)
    c

    By Blogger Cheryl Goyer, at 8/16/2005 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home