My Back Yard : : My View of the Rogue Valley

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Knitting filled weekend

Bought this beautiful orange wool & microfiber blend, Teseo, from Cascade Yarns this week from my LYS. It's for a special family member. Once I got it home it looks like it wants to be a hat & scarf. Any opinions?

Scarf or Hat?The natural is merino homespun. Since the orange needs to be held double to work with the merino two-ply I'm definitely going to need to buy more yarn.

Speaking of LYS, this store is brand new in my area. The store I had been going to since I moved here in 1985 closed in 2003. Which meant I had to drive almost an hour away for a not so LYS.

Recently the local bead shop started offering yarn for sale but it wasn't really a yarn shop. But now we have a bona fide yarn shop that I can hang out at! Yeah!

A new Knitty is in town

Check it out - Lots of great sweater season knitting in the new issue of Knitty.

Speaking of sweaters

Mystery SweaterAfter whining about knitting socks for my husband I decided I should start on a major project for myself. Looking through my stash and agonizing for several days over what exactly I could make with the yarn at hand, I settled on some Balboa that's been laying around for a couple of years. I settled on a raglan with 3/4 length sleeves with ruffles at the neck, end of sleeves and on the bottom. Because there isn't enough Balboa for the ruffles I had to do some stash enhancing and added Cascade Yarn's Prisma. The sweater body is almost done up to the underarms so now I have to figure out how many stitches to cast on for the ruffle and for the sleeve just below the elbow. Knitting is always such an adventure! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home