My Back Yard : : My View of the Rogue Valley

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Vacation, Day One

Ahhh...the beginning of a nice long break. I don't have to be back to work until Jan 3, which makes this the longest vacation I've had in a few years. The two weeks after my surgery in Oct don't count. That was not a vacation. Today will be spent finishing presents and getting packages ready to mail. Tomorrow they go to the post office.

Fiber

Even though I've been really busy I did have time to knit and dye and knit.

I finished both scarves but only have pictures of this one. This scarf is being packed up today to wend it's way to the intended recipient. The scarf out of Noro's Silk Garden has gotten constant use since it was finished back in October and is looking a little rumpled.

Celeste'sScarf

Peaceful Palms - 2nd Pair

From this...

PurpleRomneyChartreuseMerino

...this was created.

Donna'sGloves-001

I spun the wool a couple of years ago in a class and just found something to use it for. Of course I had to dye it so it was more interesting to knit. Dye now, knit later. The chartreuse yarn is for me. :o)

Stash Enhancement eXpedition

Dec 3rd saw a group of us taking a trip to Webster's in Ashland and to Llamas and Lambs in Jacksonville. A bus was chartered so we could all sit and knit and enjoy the ride. Here's Katie and Denise while we're waiting to be seated for lunch at Bella Union in J-ville.

DeniseKatie2

It's not all about the knitting

Lately I've been getting the urge to do beadwork. One thing I wanted to try my hand at is beaded stitch markers. That led to the creation of a bracelet. Sorry the picture's blurry. I'll do better next time.

Jewelry-006 Jewelry-003

2 Comments:

  • The Noro scarf you show is so lovely. I came to you from Nona's site. I also love your stitchmarkers. You are a multitalent.

    By Blogger kathy b, at 12/20/2005 7:06 PM  

  • The Noro scarf you show is so lovely. I came to you from Nona's site. I also love your stitchmarkers. You are a multitalent.

    By Blogger kathy b, at 12/20/2005 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home